Thursday, March 25, 2010

Grab a Guarda Chuva!


It has been down-pouring these past few days in brief spurts, and I love it! With the white school uniform, though, its a bit inconvenient. It was so cool to see the streets of Recife flooded and cars swimming through the river...

I don't have much time, but I thought I'd talk about it briefly.

Tomorrow is the big party, Saturday (at 8 am !! :/ bleh)is Joao Pessoa with Rotary and other exchange students, and Sunday is sleep, the beach, maybe a movie and family hours. Hope all is well with everybody!!!!

Needless to say, I'm super stoked about this upcoming weekend.

All my love,

Maddie

2 comments:

  1. Maddie,
    As always we enjoy every moment - every word of your blogs. I read it quickly the other morning and was unable to respond as I was in danger of getting Hans to school late! (you know my reaction to that).
    I just finished reading a book about a group who was shipwrecked on Auckland Island near New Zealand, how they survived and what they had to live thru. The weather there sounds very much like Wisconsin only worse with gales and hurricanes, and their seasons are like Brazil with winter during our Wisconsin summer months. It was amazing to see what the 5 of them were able to accomplish as a group for 20 months. I am now reading a book called the Serpent and the Rainbow - a graduate student's travels and quest to find "zombis" (zombie's) and learn about the "vodoun" (voodoo) culture in Haiti. Apparently, Zombi's really do exist :o)This will make Hans very very happy.

    Love and miss you - Keep up the great work!

    ....menino.......

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maddie,
    I was just catching up with all your news. Its so nice to know Brazil is not so strict with affection. In the U.S. I think they get to carried away with rules. I agree, I like the Brazlian way better.
    So, good to read about you again. Yes, the Wildness dinner is coming up next weekend. Don't know who all will be there yet.
    Miss you. I'm happy your parents are keeping in touch.
    Its always wonderful to hear from you, girl. Miss you. Hali, Nathan & Jenna just got back home from cruise and honeymoon. Everything went well for them. Came home safe.
    Take care, Maddie. I'm so happy things are going well for you.
    Love Sally

    ReplyDelete